Pages

Tuesday 28 November 2023

LIFE IS A GIFT

Yesterday was my birthday, and I decided to reflect on the few years that I have spent on earth. My introspection about my journey ended with the conclusion that life is indeed a gift.

I pondered the ability of the supreme God to do unto me as He so desired. After all, God (the potter) has power over the clay. "Why has He made me in His own image?" I asked myself. He could have made me something else instead. But He chose to fashion me in His own image and breathe life into me.

I remembered at 18 years old how God had delivered me from the hands of death that could have swallowed me. I remembered how I had struggled with death that night as I rolled on that student-sized bed, hoping and silently praying that that night wouldn't be my last. The fear of death will make the strongest of us tremble. Those who have had a near-death experience will understand better.

While thinking about my journey here, I vividly recalled the multiple hurdles and challenges that God has helped me overcome. The ups and downs of life and the favor and mercy that EDUMARE has given me.

In all of these, one thing is sure and true: God is good and His mercy endures forever. In my little years, experience has taught me that the fierceness of life is without empathy—life comes at all of us differently and suddenly without notice.

We, however, must put our trust and totality in God in order to be able to overcome the vicissitudes of life.

I encourage you to be resolute and not give up in your quest for that goal. Be strong and more determined to pursue that dream. It may not look good today, but you will lift up your eyes tomorrow and sing the triumphant song only if you believe in God.

This is my story of God's goodness in the years gone by.


My name is Oyetunde Oni.


Have a beautiful week. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment